Pages

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Stars of the Twilight

Yesterday and today I continued  making Rivoli earrings and ended up with two new pears.
 
At first I will show you the purple ones. When I look at my Etsy shop then many of the products are in different shades of purple and when I think about purchasing beads then I often end up with purple ones ...

But about the earrings ... in the center I used 14 mm crystal AB Rivoli, which shine very nicely in different colors. I surrounded it with laverner opaque superduo beads and different shades and sizes of Toho seed beads. I used sizes 8/0, 11/0 and 15/0. At first I thought to leave enterior round of superduos separately as rays. But then I got the idea to make the earrings look like little stars. So I ended up with these star earrings.
Backside is parlty covered with beads. But I thought that the silver surfice of the backside of Rivoli is beautyful itself and suits very well with purple tones.
Usually I don´t  give names to my jewelry, but these seem to have enough caracter to have a name. and when I look at those different shades of purple I start thinking about something dark (in good meaning) and hazy. So I thought that the most suitable name for those sparkling, but the same time a bit hazy earrings will be Stars of the Twilight.
 
As I wrote in the beginning I ended up with two pears of earrings. The other pear is with very glistering wine red seed beads and also 14 mm Rivoli (fuchsia). But I didn´t managed to make good pictures about finished earrings. So I will show you today only one picture about the process and try to catch better photos tomorrow.  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...