Pages

Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Red and white bead embroidered necklace

As I wrote in my last post, I planned to make one more necklace. I planned to use lava stone beads, but this plan chaged. Those big flat beads, I wanted to use, wasn´t falt enough. And it seemed to me, that they are not very good for bead embroidery. But maybe I´ll figure out something one day:)

So I took three round white turquise cabachons and started to stitch. I new that I want to use white  and red. At first I planned to use also black seed beads. But then I found small Toho seed beads in copper, with lovely shiny finish. Copper matches well with the tone of crackles on the cabs.


I nested the cabc with bright red Czech seed beads and copper Toho seed beads. To surround the cab, I used also a little bigger white Matsuno seed beads.


I used turquise beads and seed beads to make the strand. Necklace has lovely copper T-clasp with flower ornament.


Backside of beaded tiles is covered with dark brown ultra suede. 


And one more picture, to show the size of thisnecklace and it´s embroidered tiles. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...