Pages

Monday, September 8, 2014

Red and black necklace with embroidered details

After a long break I´ll show one necklace I finished last week and managed to take some photos today. This is made as custom order. She wanted something similar like this necklace, but in other colors. Actually I plan to make one more necklace with big flat lava stone beads, so she can choose:)


 For this necklace I choosed shiny black cabachons from some kind of natural stone. They have very nice shiny surface. I used also Czech seed beads and round Czech glass beads. I wanted central detail to be a bit different. So I used also golden superduos to surround one cabachon. At first I thought I will finish two side details with only black seed beads. For central one I used at first both, red and black seed beads. But compared to the central detail they seemed to be too dark then. 


So I took edge row of and used black and red seed beads as seen on this photo below. When I put all three peaces together I felt I have to add something to that central part. It seemed to be a bit too usual for focal detail. So I changed the edge row and added one more row of round glass beads. I used the same edging when I made Forget-me-not brooch.

This made the central part more spectacular and I liked it a lot more this way. I used black natural stone beads and red round glass beads for the strand.


 Backside of embroidered details is finished with black ultra suede. 
I like that final version of this necklace. This is more for special occasions that for everyday wear. And I think it will be a nice birthday gift, as it is planned to be. 


I hope to show soon my next version of red and black neclace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...