Pages

Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Brown dragonfly pendant necklace in progress

I had a gorgeous Czech glass button with golden dragonfly motif and decided to make a bead embroidered necklace. At first I thought I´ll use more orange tones (as the background of the button is something between brown and orange) and some bronze color freshwater pearls.
 But when I started to work with it, the plan changed and it came out more brown and golden. And only a little orange. I used Japan seed beads and peyote stitch to bezel the button and surrounded it with seed beads and small faceted glass beads. I haven´t finished the pendant yet, because for a moment I got idea to add some fringes, but I´m not very sure about that.
So I decided to make the necklace next. This was again a tricky task - what would suit the best. At first I tried twisted tubular herringbone, but I didn´t liked it. So I tried spiral weave rope with brown and yellow seed beads and I like how it turned out and I´ll stay to it. Texture of this rope is more lively and it is very flexible.
Hope to show the finished necklace next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...