Pages

Friday, November 8, 2013

Something fresh and green

 When I bought two packages of green Czech seed beads with opaque finish I actually didn´t knew what I will do with them. I just added them into my cart because I didn´t had so bright green seed beads and thought that in some projest I could use them. When I got my package I looked at them and got idea from crocheted rope lariat with some colorful addition. As an image of a flower - green flower stalk and colorful petals. I found one package of transparent green seed beads from my stash and started to thread the beads. I stated crocheting with darker beads, eight beads in a row, and finished with lighter ones.
After I had finished the rope it stayd for a while because I couldn´t find my colored shell chips I had purchased earlier and wanted to use here. And when I found them, I realised I had too few of them. After I found some more light blue and pink shell chips from one bead store I managed to finish my projest.
 I added some beaded fringes with shell chips and covered the ends of rope with chips. This lariat is very long, 168 cm (a bit over 66 inches) and I used almost 140 grams of seed beads. This is so long, that can be warn as a waistband as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...