Pages

Friday, November 29, 2013

Herringbone necklace in progress

I wanted to try to do a herringbone stitch flower. For the center I took yellow (tone sunflower) 14 mm Swarovski rivoli and nested it with beaded bezel. For the bezel I used Toho seed beads - 8/0 size silver lined yellow and 11/0 golden ones.
 To make the flower I took silver lined dark orange Czech seed beads, I gues the size is 11/0. And started to surround the rivoli with herringbone stitch. I made many increses when I stitched the flower to make it weavy. I´m very satified how it turned out.
Now I plant to make twisted herringbone rope for the necklace. Maybe I´ll do some more flowers, maybe a bit smaller ones...   I´ll decide this when the rope is finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...