Pages

Thursday, May 15, 2014

Beadwoven flower earrings

It has been a long-long break. Too long. I have been done some beading meanwhile, but not very much. And I haven´t got here to post anything for too long. 
So I try to show now what I have done meanwhile.This time I will show flower earrings, which I have in too different variantions. 
I started with these smaller beaded flower earrings with cat eye cabachon in the center. When I bought these small cabachons (I guess, they are 10 mm, max 12 mm in diameter, I´m not very sure anymore) I thought about flowers immediately, daisies. 


 The center is bead embroidered. I used different golden seed beads in size 10 and 11. Backside of the cabachon is covered with white ultra suede. These are post earrings and have surgical steel posts. 


 As I had imagination about daisies I searched for white seed beads. I found those pearl white shiny ones in size 11 and these were just perfect. These small flowers turned out exactly as I planned.


After finishing these earrings I started thinking about some kind a modification with shiny Swarovski Rivolis. And I had idea about white flowers with dark center - something black or gray or dark blue. I found lovely Rivolis in Black Diamond tone in two different sizes, 12 and 14 mm, that matched perfectly with my plan. 


 This time I used beadwoven bezel to surround the Rivolis. I used silver lined Toho seed beads in size 8/0. This time I wanted to make a bit more plentiful flowers, so I decided to make two layers of petals. Finally I connected two flowers and added sterling silver hook earwires. 



When I started to make photos of these earrings I found that it was very tricky task. It was so hard to get good pictures. I like to photograph my jewelry on white backgound. But these white flowers dissapeared on white backgound. So I tried different colors. I am most satisfied with that dark grey one where those layers of petals are the ost visible, but Rivolis look a bit too light. They are actually a bit darker, more like on the upper photo.


These earrings turned out really luxury, perfect for summer wedding or for soe special occasion. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...