Pages

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Jewelry set with ocean jasper

In winter I bought some very beautiful gemstone pendants from Soyon in Etsy. She has many beautiful gemstones for a good price in her store. And among others I bougt this beautiful ocen jasper pendant. The color of the stone is so-so, but I love those bright blue dots.
When I started to make a pendant necklace for my very good friend as a birthday gift I choosed this stone as jasper and ocean jasper have very good energy and give strength when waering it. 


So I glued the pendant to the felt and started stitching. I used black Czech seed beads with matte finish. I have had those seed beads for a while and I hadn´t found a place to use them. But here that matte finish looks very good. I surrounded the jasper with transparent round glass beads in pale green and beige. And added some bright blue beads to match those lovely blue dots. 


When the pendant was finished I started to figure out, which chain to make. As the pendant is quite big I wanted to make some kind beaded rope. First I tried with spiral stitch rope in matching tones of seed beads. But it seemed to be a bit too much for this simple pandant. When I look at the picture now, it looks fine ... but  at that moment I didin´t liked the result.


So I started to search for chenille stitch tutorials. I haven´t used this stitch beafore, but I have seen pictures of very nice chenille ropes. I found the tutorial and started weaving using mainly those black seed beads. I made also beaded T-clasp.


 As I had a stub of spiral rope in matching coloway I decided to make a bracelet of it. I added silver magnetic clasp which is very comfotable to close and open.


I wanted to make matching earrings also. I didn´t had any suitable jasper cabachons in appropriate size. But I wanted to make bead embroidered earrings. So I decided to use some glass beads. I tried different variations with black oval shape glass beads, but I wasn´t satisfied with the result. Finally I took those window cut glass beads I ordered from 8 beads. I surrounded these oval shape beads with the same black seed beads, added the same blue round glass beads and I used to make the pendant ... and finally I liked the result. My friend have many earrings with oval shape and they suit her very well. 


And here are all  three parts - necklace, bracelet and earrings all together. They are all a bit different, but still making a nice set.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...