Pages

Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Black and white shibori hair barrette

This is actually my fist bead embroidery with shibori silk, but I haven´t posted these pictures yet. 
As it was my first project, I made a lot of pictures of the process. It was a custom order, so she could follow the process also when I posted these steps on my FB page

Customer wanted to have black and white hair barrette. So I started with 5 cm peace of white shibori silk ribbon, black glass cabachon and different glass beads. This hair barrette blank is specially for thick hair, that is why it looks like a bit different. 


I cuted shibori ribbon into two peaces, fixed it to black felt and started with cabachon ... 


... and continued adding different seed beads and some bigger black fire polished beads. 



 After finishing embroidering I glued it to a cartong so it is sturdy and holds it´s shape. Then I fixed it to barrette blank and stitched the edges. 


 Backside is covered with dark gray felt. 


I was satisfied with this barrette and so was my customer :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...