Pages

Monday, December 8, 2014

Charcoal and pink shibori silk bracelet

Some tima ago I ordered two grogeous shibori silk ribbons made by  Deborah Weaver from ArtisticWeavers . At first I planned to make some hair barrettes and pendants with these ribbons. But when I got them and had ´so much´ pleated silk in my hands I couldn´t resist to do something a little bigger.

I had one pink colored agate cabachon and matching pink freshwater pearls (I think freshwater pearls go so well with shibori) which when so well with this lovely charcoal gray silk. So I started ...



 I used also different seed beads in pink, black and silver and some darker pink fire polished glass beads. It was so good to stitch, because the pleats of silk tell you where to add some more beads. Finally this peace became qiute ´coated´. Maybe in next shibori peace there will be the silk more visible.



 I didn´t used metal bracelet blank. So this bracelet is quite flexible around the wrist. But it is a little molded so it holds nicely. Finally I added flower-shape silver T-clasp for the closure.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...