Pages

Thursday, February 27, 2014

"Forget-me-not" jewelry set

This jewelry set is not in my usual style. This is much more romantic than my other items. But I like this new style and using lucite flowers in bead embroidery. So I think there will be some similar items soon. 


I started with brooch. This has light blue oval cat eye cabachon in the center. Cabachon is surrounded with Czech seed beads in silver (size 9/0). Then I took some light blue fire polished beads, bigger Toho seed beads in silver and lucite flowers. When I attached the flowers to the brooch they instantly reminded me forget-me-not flowers. That´s why this set has such a name:) When I started to stitch the edge I first didn´t had the plan to add round glass beads. But when I had done simple beaded edge it seemed that something is missing. And those round light grey beads I found from my stash were just perfect. 


For a moment I was thinking about making this a pendant for a necklace. But I decided to stay to the initial idea to make a brooch. It has grey metal pin and packside is covered with grey felt.


 As I had two smaller cabachons and enough beads and lucite flowers I started with matching earrings. Earrings are made from the same beads, backside is also covered with grey felt and they have sterling silver hook earwires.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...